After an influx of submissions last week, entries for the UK Energy Innovation Awards 2019 are now closed and the judging process is well underway.
The awards, which have been showcasing the industry’s latest and greatest since 2011, are greatly supported by the industry and continue to offer an unprecedented opportunity for industry leaders and innovators to come together and celebrate the ideas and technologies that benefit customers, the environment, the industry and the supply chain.
With 12 revamped categories that not only reflect the pace of change within the industry, but also include the exciting additions of ‘Young Innovator of the Year’ and two water industry specific awards, the 2019 awards are an opportunity for third parties, innovators and SMEs to stand out from the crowd – and with the standard of entries received, competition for a place on this year’s shortlist is set to be fierce.
The EIC, an independent, not-for-profit organisation that provides an established route to market for innovative ideas and technologies, today announced this year’s judging panel:
• Eric Brown, Chief Technology Officer at Energy Systems Catapult.
• James Yu, Future Networks Manager at SP Energy Networks.
• Joe McNeil, NIA Programme Delivery Manager at SSE.
• Geoff Earl, Director of Safety, Health and Environment at Northern Powergrid.
• Barry Hatton, Director of Asset Management at UK Power Networks.
• Graham Edwards, Chief Executive at Wales & West Utilities.
• Kate Grant, Director of Central Operations at Cadent Gas.
• Ian McCluskey, Head of Technical and Policy at the Institution of Gas Engineers and Managers (IGEM).
• Jonathan Brearley, Executive Director of Systems and Networks at Ofgem,
• Richard Hynes-Cooper, Head of Innovation at Northern Gas Networks.
• Angela MacOscar, Head of Innovation at Northumbrian Water.
EIC Managing Director, Denise Massey will chair the judging panel to confirm independence and ensure the integrity of the judging process.
Shortlisted entries will be announced on Friday 21 June 2019. Those shortlisted will be invited to an awards ceremony and dinner, alongside the EIC’s industry partners, which will be hosted at the Titanic Hotel in Liverpool on Thursday 26 September 2019.
For more information, or to read about our 2017 winners, visit: https://www.ukeiawards.com/