Join Shell UK, Greenpeace and the Green Alliance in Climate Action's latest webinar: Rising to the Net-Zero Challenge.
The UK government just announced its “build build build” recovery plan, but many industry leaders were hoping for a “build back better”.
On Thursday 16th July 2020, 16:30 – 17:30 BST, Shell UK, Greenpeace and the Green Alliance share the virtual stage to debate whether industries can still rise to the challenge of greening the recovery in Climate Action's upcoming webinar.
Whilst Greenpeace and Shell have often gone head to head on environmental issues, are their strategies now more aligned than they once were?
With a focus on the energy and mobility transitions - two critical components of the net-zero transition – Climate Action pose the question: does current government policy and private sector action stack up to the scale of the climate change challenge?
- Sinead Lynch, UK Country Chair, Shell UK
- John Sauven, Executive Director, Greenpeace UK
- Shaun Spiers, Executive Director, Green Alliance
- Moderator: Nik Gowing, Founder and Co-Director, Thinking the Unthinkable
What will be discussed?
The webinar will look to address and explore the following questions:
- Does the UK’s recovery plan keep us on track for net-zero by 2050?
- How are leaders from across industries going to step up to greening the recovery?
- How can the energy sector support the green recovery?
- What are the major challenges and opportunities the industry faces as we look to rebuild the economy?
- Can the energy industry create net-zero pathways for other sectors to thrive in the energy transition?
For full details and to register, click here.