Business in the Community (BITC) and the Environment Agency (EA) are inviting professionals from a range of sectors and disciplines to join them in discussion at their workshop on Wednesday 18 March at The Wellington, 71 Vincent Square, London, SW1P 2PA.
Registered organisations currently include representatives from a variety of sectors including, water, infrastructure, healthcare, cosmetics, hospitality, retail, finance, technology, consultancy, food and manufacturing.
Organisers would like to welcome representatives from the energy industry to attend and help to shape the EA/government policy over next 25 years especially over the next key months.
The workshop is part of a series of BITC events leading up to the COP26 and will explore:
- The latest insights on UK flood risk and how they can impact your business, the communities you serve and the infrastructure you rely on.
- How higher temperatures and shortages of water due to drought may impact your business’ operations, access to energy and vulnerability in your supply chains.
- Opportunities to invest in nature-based solutions to climate change that boost resilience, restore the health of nature and help you on your net zero carbon journey.
- How financial institutions are starting to address climate risk and what this will mean to you.
- Government policy to address these challenges and how the upcoming Environment Bill will affect your business.
For more information and to register for the event, click here.