We are busy preparing a video campaign for the UK Energy Innovation Awards 2017 that will capture the dynamism, diversity and drive of our innovation community – and we need you to star in it!
We hope to premiere the video at our pre-awards experience The Innovation Safari and will also show excerpts of the campaign throughout the actual awards event.
Why should I take part?
Our video campaign will get your company and your innovative ideas in front of the people that matter – and taking part won’t cost you a penny! If you’re looking to raise your profile, showcase your achievements and kick-start meaningful conversations – our I Am An Innovator video campaign can help!
The UK Energy Innovation Awards audience will be made up of senior leaders from our seven gas and electricity network partners: Northern Powergrid, Northern Gas Networks, Wales & West Utilities, UK Power Networks, Scottish and Southern Electricity Network, SP Energy Networks and Cadent.
There will also be representatives from the Energy Systems Catapult, OFGEM, IGEM, Innovate UK and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in attendance.
What do I need to do?
We would like you to prepare and submit a 60 second video.
Once you have completed your submission, you can upload it here.
In order to be eligible for inclusion, your video must include the following:
A title card that displays your company name and a contact name, number and email (you only need to show this at the beginning)
A clip of you saying the phrase ‘I am an innovator’ to camera
Your responses to the following questions:
What does innovation mean to you?
What does collaboration mean to you?
What does success look like to you?
Other than that, the rest is really up to you! Feel free to be creative, showcase your amazing technologies, share you stories and offer up your thoughts about the future of the energy sector.
What else do I need to know?
The closing date for the receipt of videos has been extended to Friday 8th September 2017.
Your video can be submitted in any format but must be no larger than 200MB.
You must label your video entry as follows (no spaces in file names): video_innovatorname_companyname
The Energy Innovation Centre reserves the right to use your submission for the benefit of the I Am An Innovator campaign. Please note, we may edit your footage for inclusion in the campaign. This might include slicing content and including elements of your submission in a montage.
1. Get someone else to hold the phone for you – don’t film yourself in ‘selfie’ mode.
2. Try to keep the camera as still as possible, maybe by resting it on a pile of books or similar.
3. Got a tripod or mount? Even better – use that!
4. Try to keep the camera at eye level. If you are using a smartphone to film, try to look directly at the camera lens on the phone, not the phone screen or the person holding the phone.
5. Hold the phone horizontally (‘landscape mode’), not vertically (‘portrait mode’). This will make your video look much better when it is played back on a big screen and will help to keep the clips consistent.
6. Don’t sit in front of a window or other bright light source as this will throw you into shadow.
8. Try to film somewhere quiet with no interruptions. Think about background noise such as air conditioning, and make sure your phone is on silent!
9. If you don’t get it right first time, just leave a brief pause and start again with what you were just saying. Do as many takes as you like. You don’t need to start/ stop the camera as we’ll pick out the best clips when we edit.
10. Please leave a short pause of 1-2 seconds after you have finished speaking and continue to look at the camera. This will make it much easier for us to edit clips together!